Monday, June 2, 2014

Movie Monday: Josie and the Pussycats

Movie Monday: Josie and the Pussycats









Today's Movie Monday is inspired by the 2001 movie Josie and the Pussycats. A modern twist on the classic comic, set in the heyday of glossy pop music, TRL, MTV and abundance of product placement. The late 90's and early 2000's were a colorful and sparkly time to be in the music scene. 


We go on a romp with The Pussycats as they catapult to stardom. The clothes are fun. Tube tops, extra lowrise flared pants, glitter, platform shoes and sparkle abound. More was more in every aspect. I love the shaggy hair and cute cat ears (I actually had a pair of purple Josie and the Pussycats ears that I sported for a short time). 



I remember going to see this movie in the theaters with my sister and just having so much fun. The soundtrack is actually really good and worth a listen. It is all original songs for the movie.



The early 2000's were a fun time in fashion and this movie certainly showcases that! Makes me wanna pile on the glitter and get flippy layers put in my hair! Enjoy the sweet ride that this movie is!







No comments:

Post a Comment