Thursday, February 5, 2009

Nostalgia Over My Youth












I've recently become reacquainted with the show My So Called Life that was on the air back in the earlyish mid nineties, and I love it. I identify with Angela and her crush on Jordan,takes me back to my teen years, it was all sooo DRAMATIC back then. Oy Vey!!  
Also it's been making me wanna dye my hair with some manic panic, thrift my clothes, and get some awesome chunky boots. I loved the plaid babydoll dresses and combat boots. 

I remember when Hard Candy and Urban Decay came out with their pastel and crazy colored nail polishes, vamp lipstick and nail polish was all the rage, baby tees with naughty phrases, thigh highs and short skirts, guys wore huge pants and wallet chains, my friends would pierce themselves with safety pins....ahh...high school.

You had grunge and then the Clueless look. Both awesome. I still watch Clueless and drool over the clothes. Hasn't been a resurgence of that look, though it was adorable.

I also loved the fashions of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, especially around the end of season 2 and beginning of season 3. Buffy was so cute and girlie and had these really adorable and coordinated outfits. 

I myself wish I had pictures of what I wore in highschool, mainly my sophomore year, though I don't have many pics from before my junior and senior years. Maybe it has to due with how around 16 I blossomed and ditched the glasses and braces. 
Oh dear reader, my fashion during 10th grade was quite interesting. I had two main looks, Granddad's old golf pants from the 70's (think lime green or blue plaid or lavender) a baby tee and my Van's wannabe's (and streaks of color through my hair courtesy of a marker) or short black skirt with black baby tee and strappy high heeled sandals (dubbed the slut shoes) top it all off with dark lipstick and chipped dark nail polish. :0) OH BOY!!  haha

After 10th grade I became a bit more normal with my look. Tried to be a lil more preppy. Though one thing I do wish I still had would be the perfectly faded and worn Wranglers that I would steal from my brother and stepdad. They were bootcut, before people started wearing bootcut, and sat low on my hips, before hipster jeans were al the rage. I looked awesome in those jeans.

Ok so here are images to take us back in time :0)

The high fashion Clueless lookThe Vamp Lipstick


Queen of the Grunge look, Courtney LoveThe Vamp nail polishAfter grunge, girlieness came backClassic!!!

I wanted a pair of vinyl pants sooo bad!!

Huggles
- Miss Paige












No comments:

Post a Comment