Friday, April 24, 2009

*le sigh* Florence/Prato

It's hard to believe that it has been 6 years since I lived and loved in Florence/Prato, Italy.  I was 21 and it was a life changing experience. I studied at Fashion Art Italy
It was the beginning of my foray into fashion, and I studied fashion design and merchandising. The class was comprised of 5 students total, and was very hands on. Serenella Fumanti teaches the courses and is a blast to learn from. We learned how to create a collection, and so much more. We were able to attend trend/fabric/fashion fairs, and went on many day trips to museums and inspirational locations. 

I loved being in Italy and being surrounded by the rich history and romance of it all. I did fall in love while I was there. His name was Giovanni Franzese, or Gio as I called him. He was sweet, shy, and adored me. We met at a party in a house out in the mountains. We talked forever, and then snuggled through the night, as everyone slept off their drunkedness in various rooms. After that night we became inseparable. It was a whirl wind romance. He taught me what it meant to love and be loved. It was my first adult relationship. I remember meeting up during lunch break and running around Prato just goofing off, holding hands and kissing non stop. I remember calling my parents freaking out because I was scared of how intensely I felt for him, asking them what certain feelings meant. lol 

I miss running around Florence and Prato with my friends, checking out the sites, meeting people at pubs, and dancing at the night clubs till 5 am. It was amazing.

Here are some pics of Florence and Prato, and of me and friends. Hope you enjoy :0)
-Miss Paige

Florence Skyline 


The Duomo of Prato; Gio lived just across the piazza (square) from the Duomo. His bedroom window actually overlooked the fountain and Duomo.


Me and Gio on my last night in Italy. Drinking one of the yummie fruit smoothies the bartender Leo would make for me.

Me and my Kosovo Boys at the Lion's Head Pub in Florence that I would go to a lot. It was pretty funny conversing, because they didn't speak really any english, and very little italian, and I spoke very little italian, and I definitely didn't speak ship (the native kosovian language) (don't know if that's how you spell it. lol) So our conversations were very basic, and had a lot of had gestures :0P 
From left - Mario, me, Sascha, and Ardit (I had a HUGE crush on Sascha, and Ardit had a HUGE crush on me...lol.)

Billie and Me. Billie and I met at The Lion's Head Pub. She was afraid some guys were harassing me and so she invited me to sit with her and her friends. She was there for study abroad with her university. We became instant friends and got together as often as possible. I wish I still was in touch with her.

Me and Leo. He was the bartender at the local pub my roomies/class mates and I would frequent. He always made me really delicious smoothies (since I don't drink) and he was a lot of fun to talk with. Thanks to Facebook, I still am in touch with him. :0)




1 comment:

  1. Hi Page! How are you? It's long time I don't hear from you. I am Serena from FashionArt Italy my FB is; www.facebook.com/fashionart

    I hope to hear from you soon,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete