The new trend is the "Oxblood" color in everything from lips to nails to clothes to accessories to decor. Well as far as the lips are concerned it's just a different name for the Vamp craze of the mid 90's. I remember the dark lipstick and nail polish from Chanel that started it all. I wore it, I loved it, I probably looked scary doing it. Ha! Oh the things we do in our youth. Well I have come back to the look, though I think I probably (hopefully....wink wink) do it better now.
Two products that are essential to the look I am rocking and loving right now are Revlon's Lipstick in Black Cherry, and L'Oreal's Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in black. With the lipstick I find it looks the best when I blot it and smooth it a bit with my pinky; makes it more of a build-able stain. The eyeliner is AMAZING! It goes on smooth and is smudegeable and is inky black, it is my newest fave eyeliner, and it lasts! I can do a smoky eye in about 5 mins....JADORE!
Below are the products I use to get the above look....all great!
- l'oreal bare naturale mineral foundation in soft ivory
- e.l.f. studio golden bronzer
- nars bluch in orgasm
- revlon super lustrous lipstick in black cherry
- l'oreal voluminous mascara in carbon black
- l'oreal voluminous smoldering eyeliner in black
- almay intense i color satin i kit for blue eyes