Thursday, June 27, 2013

Wear It Wednesday: The Boyfriend Jean



I'm launching a new feature on the blog called "Wear It Wednesday". I will be sharing "How To" style tips on anything from fashion basics to fashion trends

 I get asked a lot from friends on how to pull off certain looks or how to take the things they have in their wardrobe and make it fresh and new. With this new feature I will share how to update one's look with new trends, various ways to style one item, how to mix different styles, etc. 


Today I address "How To" style boyfriend jeans, which is a tough look to pull off without looking and feeling sloppy.  You want to make sure you get a relaxed fit but not baggy, pay attention to fading and whiskering, when done badly it adds pounds. This a look that works better on straighter figures because it adds curves. 

ROMANTIC: I love making it romantic with a soft paper thin blouse that has some flowiness and skims over curves. Cute details like eyelet are sweet and add visual interest. I like keeping the colors soft with a washed out blue jean color, add some cute accessories and you will be girlie and date ready.

RELAXED: For days when you want to be comfy but cute I love taking the more relaxed look. I love a striped t-shirt that is soft and has a good drape, is fitted loose without being baggy. I love a slightly darker wash on the jeans, and a cropped length with cute Converse kicks. Add some gold accessories and a red lip and you are good to go.

QUIRKY: Sometimes you want to have fun while being casual. I love a novelty t-shirt, sequins are fun and glam up the look. Add some cute shoes and colorful accessories and let your personality shine loud and proud!
 
 I look forward to helping you in your wardrobe quandaries, so please send me any questions you may have and I will do my best to help answer your fashion questions! 

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment