Thursday, February 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday - Songs of my youth



Follow Me on Pinterest

Yesterday I was in Pocatello, Idaho hanging out at the very tiny mall and the music at the mall was a serious walk down memory lane. So I thought I would share some songs of my high school days, '95-'99, and some of the memories they bring back.

The first 9 songs are ones that really have relationship memories for me. My first boyfriend and I dated off and on from 14yrs - 16yrs. There were SOOOOO many UPS and DOWNS in our relationship, especially being so young. I remember listening to these songs and crying my eyes out. Eventually he left me for another girl, who later became his wife. We recently became friends again, and it has been interesting to learn so much information that gives a whole new understanding and perspective to such a defining moment in my life. Basically my 15yr old self has gotten A LOT of vindication! HA! Who woulda thunk! I look back on my teenage self and just wanna say, "It will all be ok."

Be sure to checkout my Facebook page for more songs from my teenage years.
https://www.facebook.com/Impatientlywaitingpaige

And don't forget my tumblr!! http://impatientlywaitingpaige.tumblr.com/



1.)Alanis Morissette - Head Over Feet




2.)Usher - You Make Me Wanna
 - This song always made me think of him and the girl he left me for because I could see it happening even though I did all I could.



3.)Alanis Morissette - Your House (Hidden Track on Jagged Little Pill Album)
- Such a wonderfully melancholy song to really get feelings out too.



4.)No Doubt - Don't Speak
- I remember being at a church dance and this song came on and it was a choir of EVERY girl in the place singing along. When I hear it I remember sitting on the outside steps and wanting to talk to my ex and all the drama at the time.



5.)Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing



6.)Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby



7.)The Cardigans - Lovefool


8.)Tonic - If You Could Only See
 - This song always catches my attention when it comes on, and I remember dancing with my first boyfriend.



9.)Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
 - This was particular angry song that was cathartic to listen to.



10.)Garbage - Stupid Girl



11.)Garbage - Only Happy When It Rains



12.)Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta
- This song reminds me of hanging out at my early highschool bff's house and dancing around her living room as we turned up the stereo to jam out.



13.)Janet Jackson - Miss You Much
- My Junior year of highschool my dance class did the dance in this song, chairs and all, and it was SOOO MUCH FUN! I can't help but smile and sing along when I hear it.



Follow on Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin 


No comments:

Post a Comment