Jennifer Lawrence looked beautiful, fresh and elegant at the Golden Globes (despite having the flu!) As Ross Mathews said, "If that's what the flu looks like, I'll take it!"
Jennifer's skin looked radiant, I loved her soft smokey eye and "just bitten" lip color. Everything was very sheer and really just accentuated Jennifer's natural beauty. Her light brown hair was pulled loosely back into a low chignon. I loved the wavy texture and braids woven in.
Jennifer's make-up artist, Jillian Dempsey, shared how to achieve the look using L'Oreal Paris cosmetics.
How to recreate Jennifer’s makeupMakeup artist Jillian Dempsey for L’Oréal Paris was inspired by the sleek, form-fitting red hot Christian Dior Haute Couture dress Jennifer wore paired with Chopard jewelry, Brian Atwood shoes and a Ferragamo clutch. Jillian explains, “I decided to play off the vibrancy of her poppy red dress with both warm and neutral hues.”
Here’s the step by step:
• Prep skin with L’Oréal Paris Magic Lumi Primer ($12.95) to create a silky finish followed by L’Oréal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup and Makeup Forever Shine On
• Dab the L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Color Lift Blush in Berry Lift under the cheekbone and blend outwards to create a health flush and highlight on the cheeks
• To create a rich effect and build dimension on the eye, blend and contour shades of warm gold and coffee using L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche Eye Shadow Quad in Army Brat 312
• Apply Chanel Automatic Liquid Eyeliner (similar liner here) in Black to create an exaggerated edge followed by multiple coats of black mascara for intense lashes with L’Oréal Paris Telescopic Shocking Extensions Mascara in Blackest Black
• To lend a natural sheen to the lips, start with a pale pink stain like L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse Shine Stain by Colour Riche in 183 Pink Resistance then layer a nude lipstick over it, L’Oréal Paris Colour Caresse by Colour Riche Luminous Lipcolour in 181 Sheer Linen.
- Courtesy of L'Oreal Paris
Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend, has been Lawrence’s go-to hair guru for years.
Townsend’s approach is all about creating natural-looking, touchable hair. Nothing too stiff or tight. Hair must also complement the dress.
"When I saw Jennifer's Dior Couture gown I immediately knew I wanted to pull her hair up to accentuate the amazing silhouette of the dress,” said Townsend.
Townsend shares his step-by-step instructions on how to score Lawrence’s look:
- Start by applying a large dollop of the Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse to damp hair and dry with a diffuser attachment to encourage natural curls.
- Take random sections of hair and spray the Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Flexible Hold Hairspray before wrapping the hair around a 1/2 inch curling iron to enhance the curls. Scrunch with hands.
- Take 3 to 4 inch sections of hair from around the hairline and loosely braid them before pulling all the hair back into a low chignon and secure with bobby pins.
- Finish with the Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray to keep the hair in place all night.